Here you can find some books and movies that inspired me not only to start this new journey, but that help me to see life with a different perspective:
- The Time Seller (Fernando Trias de Bes) – a fantastic book which is a satirical speech about the economic system and the way we live currently
- Siddharta (Hermann Hesse) – If you want to find wisdom and peace, READ this book
- Veronika Decides to Die (Paulo Coelho) – apart from the impressive title, this book describes in a really great way that nobody has to tell us that, soon or later, we’re going to die to fully live our lives
- The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho) – life is not made only by plans or sure facts, but about special moments and unexpected situations that let us grow as personal individuals, and show us to appreciate everything in this world
- Aleph (Paulo Coelho) – Coelho is the master on spiritualism trips. In this autobiographic book, you’ll feel like traveling with him and discovering other sides of human spiritualism that we all could have been feeling sometimes!
- Animal Farm (George Orwell) – Orwell has been always ahead of his time, and this book demonstrates that the world is commanded by pigs. I don’t want to make any comparison or criticism to the current political status; he did it already 🙂
- Brave New World (Aldous Huxley) – Huxley is another example of “being ahead”. In this book he has written about how would be the world with a “non-natural selection” of life living on Earth, and let me tell you, doesn’t seem such as good.
- Into the Wild (Sean Penn) – Penn wasn’t good only as an actor; he’s a great director, and you will discover it watching this movie. Life is an adventure and we don’t have to forget it, but we have to pay attention to the limits because sometimes overtaking them can be dangerous
- The Green Beautiful (“La Belle Verte” in French – Coline Serreau) – this is one of my favorite films; it’s been banned in Russia and France and is probably because it describes and shows how much we are currently away from our real purpose on Earth as human beings. We MUST start seeing life differently!
- The Butterfly Effect (Eric Bress and J. Mackye Gruber) – every action we take in our life has consequences. Don’t forget it!